Thursday, September 27, 2007

Lost

Okay, so I was sitting here reading my sisters' posts about their adorable babies and thinking about what I could possibly put in my blog today that is even remotely interesting. Here's what I got: So at about 8:00 p.m. this evening while I'm bathing my kiddos there was a knock at the door. The little guy from down the street wants to know if his sister is ready to come home. Huh? I proceed to tell him that his sister, who is 6 years old, went home over an hour ago. Now by this time, as I'm sure you all know, it is completely dark and I get really freaked out when the dad pulls up in his truck and can't believe it when I tell him that his daughter is really not in our house. Now, as scary as this all is, the thing that I got out of it was the reaction from my children. They were absolutely frantic, wanting immediately to go out on a search for their lost friend. I was very touched by their compassion and concern. You know, I wonder all the time if I am instilling any good values and attributes in my children. They never cease to disappoint. Oh, and if you're wondering, we did not send out a search party; however, we did walk down to find little Hayden safe and sound at home after wandering off to another friend's house. So ends another eventful day at our house!!

2 comments:

NICHOLE said...

I have been waiting all night for your post, now I can finally go to sleep. Your children are very compassionate! You are very lucky. Look at our family, Tanner is going to turn Carter into a little devil too!

Mindi said...

How scary, I'm glad they found her safe and sound. It's always nice to know your kids are picking up on the good things, heaven knows they pick up ALL of the bad.