Friday, April 25, 2008

Fitness Challenge


Okay, well here goes nothin. I really must be desperate if I am even considering posting these pics. Ewwwwww. Just as Adrea said though, posting them will give me motivation to get movin so I can post some really great "after pics." Actually, I'm slightly tipsy right now or I probably wouldn't post these. Oh well, what's done is done!

So, I know my problem area is my thighs. I am a classic "pear shape." And as Hannah so sweetly put it tonight as she was taking these pictures for me, "You're not fat mommy, just your legs." Ah the honesty of a child!!

Taking measurements and weighing myself was also very disheartening. The only time I've ever been this heavy was when I was preggers with Faith. My numbers and goals are as follows, but really I am not going to put too much emphasis on losing "weight," but rather inches. I would be happy to be the weight that I am right now as long as the weight was muscle and not "jiggly wiggly," as the kids like to call it.

Current weight: 149 (ugh) Goal weight: 135
Waist: 31 inches Goal waist: 30 inches
Hips: 39 inches Goal hips: 38 inches
Thighs: 24 inches(sick) Goal thighs: 20 inches
Arms: 11 inches Goal arms: 9.5 inches

My current BMI (body mass index) is 23.3, which actually is not even considered overweight. Thank goodness; however, I would like to see it closer to 21, which is just more healthier and closer to the ideal for my 5'7" frame. I'm taking Adrea up on her 12-week time frame.

So, these are my goals, for those of you that care! If you don't, well then don't read my blog for a while cuz this will be a lot of what I will be blogging about for a while. I would definitely appreciate some support though, and I will happily support any of you that want to get on board!

Until next time.....

1 comment:

saucysosville said...

How brave you are to post pics, posting my measurements was hard enough. We can do this though!!